Miss Kim’s will be participating in the Burlington Christmas Parade!
- When: Sat. Nov. 18th (WE WILL NOT HAVE CLASSES ON SAT. Nov 18th due to our Parade Participation)
- Arrival: 9:15-9:30
- Parade begins: 10:00
- Miss Kim’s usually is finished by 11:00
- Pickup in grassy area by YMCA immediately when we arrive….NOT at the end of the entire parade. Parents must be at the end waiting on us.
- Who participates? All Miss Kim’s students! No matter what class they take they may participate.
- Here is the breakdown:
- Mommy & Me and Ages 2-4 Riders on Rollback trucks
- Ages 5-6 walkers with parents-Parent must accompany ages 5-6-this is when Parents must walk with their child. (Parents must have a Miss Kim’s sweatshirt)
- Ages 7-11 dancers (Parents also may participate….parents will walk at the back. Parents must have a Miss Kim’s sweatshirt) )
- Separate groups with Miss Kim’s: Baton, Cheer, Company Dancers. (Parents may participate…parents will walk at the back. Parents must have a Miss Kim’s sweatshirt) )
- Wear: Black pants and White Miss Kim’s Sweatshirt (Layer, it will be cold that morning),
- Do not cover your sweatshirt! That is how we keep track of everyone.
- Holiday décor (hats, headbands, the more the merrier)
- Blankets for riders to sit on and cover your legs.
- Bathroom: Use the restroom before you leave your home. (there are no restrooms… scattered porta potties)
- Who: All of Miss Kim’s students!
- Parade participants that are riding/walking/dancing with a PARENT PARTICIPANT can ride the shuttle this year!
- Primary Drop-Off Location: The Maynard Aquatic Center (1402 Overbrook Rd.). We will have 3 shuttles continuously running from the Maynard Aquatic Center to the parade staging location off Webb Avenue. All Guardians wishing to see their participants to their float should utilize this option. Shuttle runs 8am-1pm continuously. Participants must be 15+ to ride shuttle by themselves or they must be accompanied by an adult.
We will have Trucks for the riders as well as a 2 professional floats. One float is for Our Time To Shine and the other float is a surprise.
Parade Hoodies will be required for all participants including parents. They are the same ones as last year.